Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veterans Day!

Happy Veterans Day!!!



I want to personally thank those who have fought for us in the war. The brave men and women that fought for our rights, freedom, and liberty. The ones that have sacrificed so much to protect our country. All of America is forever grateful for your service.

"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war."

-Mark Twain

Hello everyone, have you or your loved ones fought for us? They are so admirable and without them, America wouldn't be what it is today. My grandfather was in the Navy during the Korean War, Vietnam War, and World War II. It is a blessing for him to still be with me today; thank God for protecting my grandpa. ^_^

Isn't it funny? It's 11/11/11 today! This is really rare, and what's cool is today is one of my friends' birthday. He turns 14 today; of course I would remember lol. Happy Birthday Kyle! I also want to thank my best friend's (Tiffany) father, he served in the air force for a numerous amount of years. There are many others I'd like to shout out for, but hehe I don't think I have that much room!

I will post a couple videos to thank our Veterans at the end, please look out for it! :-)



"This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

-Elmer Davis


It is 11:30am PT as I write this blog post. I'd like to share a poem to remember and thank our Veterans!

Honor Our Military
Let’s honor our military,
The men and women who serve,
Whose dedication to our country
Does not falter, halt or swerve.

Let’s respect them for their courage;
They’re ready to do what’s right
To keep America safe,
So we can sleep better at night.
Let’s support and defend our soldiers,
Whose hardships are brutal and cruel,
Whose discipline we can’t imagine,
Who follow each order and rule.
Here’s to those who choose to be warriors
And their helpers good and true;
They’re fighting for American values;
They’re fighting for me and you.


 Joanna Fuchs
 I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.


The Star Spangled Banner
By Francis Scott Key

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?



"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, Is their monument to-day, and for aye."

-Arthur Koestler



I posted up the lyrics for you guys, just in case if you wanted to sing along! I love you Whitney! Old but awesome video.



God Bless America, and once again, thank you for serving our country.



Take care,

Happy Veteran's Day,


Anzu xx

No comments:

Post a Comment